48. Z. Song, H. Fu, R. Baumgartner, L. Zhu, K. Shih, Y. Xia, X. Zheng, L. Yin, C. Chipot, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Enzyme-mimetic, self-catalyzed polymerization of polypeptide helices.,” Nature Communications, 10, 5470 (2019).
47. Z. Song, H. Fu, J. Wang, J. Hui, T. Xue, L. A. Pacheco, H. Yane, R. Baumgartner, Z. Wang, Y. Xia, X. Wang, L. Yin, C. Chen, J. Rodríguez-López, A. L. Ferguson, Y. Lin, and J. Cheng, “Synthesis of polypeptides via bioinspired polymerization of in situ purified N-carboxyanhydrides,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 116 (22) 10658-10663 (2019).
46. C. Chen, H. Fu, R. Baumgartner, Z. Song, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Proximity-induced Cooperative Polymerization of ‘Hinged’ Helical Polypeptides,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 141, 8680-8683 (2019).
45. N. M. Matsumoto, R. P. Lafleu, X. Lou, K. Shih, S. P. Wijnands, C. Guibert, J. W. Van Rosendaal, I. K. Voets, A. R. Palmans, Y. Lin and E. W. Meijer, “Polymorphism in Benzene-1,3,5-tricarboxamide Supramolecular Assemblies in Water: a Subtle Trade-off between Structure and Dynamics,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 140, pp 13308–13316 (2018).
44. Z. Song, H. Fu, R. Wang, L. A. Pacheco, X. Wang, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Secondary Structure in Synthetic Polypeptides from N-carboxyanhydrides: Design, Modulation, Assembly Behavior, and Materials Applications,” Chemical Society Reviews, 47, 7401-7425 (2018).
43. M. K. Puglia, M. Anuganti, Y. Lin and C. V. Kumar, “A Simple Flow Reactor for Continuous Synthesis of Biographene for Enzymology Studies,” Methods in Enzymology, 609, 273-291 (2018).
42. P. Katyal, Y. Yang, Y. Fu, J. Iandosca, O. Vinogradova and Y. Lin, “Binding and Backbone Dynamics of Protein under Topological Constraint: Calmodulin as a Model System,” Chemical Communications, 54, 8917-8920 (2018).
41. J. A. Modica, Y. Lin and M. Mrksich, “Synthesis of Cyclic Megamolecules,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 140, 6391-6399 (2018).
40. C. L. Baveghems, M. Anuganti, A. Pattammattel, Y. Lin and C. V. Kumar, “Tuning Enzyme/α-Zr(IV)Phosphate Nanoplate Interactions via Chemical Modification of Glucose Oxidase,” Langmuir, 34, 480-491 (2018).
39. H. Xia, H. Fu, Y. Zhang, K. Shih, Y. Ren, M. Anuganti, M. Nieh, J. Cheng, and Y. Lin, “Supramolecular Assembly of Comb-like Macromolecules Induced by Chemical Reactions that Modulate the Macromolecular Interactions in-situ,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 139, 11106–11116 (2017).
38. Z. Song, R. A. Mansbach, R. Baumgartner, K. Shih, H. He, N. Zhang, X. Ba, Y. Huang, D. Mani, Y. Lin, M. Nieh, A. L. Ferguson, L. Yin, and J. Cheng “Modulation of Polypeptide Conformation through Donor-Acceptor Transformation of Side-Chain Hydrogen Bonding Ligands,” Nature Communications, 8, 92, DOI:10.1038/s41467-017-00079-5 (2017).
37. Y. Ren, H. Fu, R. Baumgartner, Y. Zhang, J. Cheng, and Y. Lin, “Folding Cooperativity of Synthetic Polypeptides with or without “Tertiary” Interactions,” ACS Macro Letters, 6, 733–737 (2017).
36. Y. Ren, R. Baumgartner, H. Fu, P. Schoot, J. Cheng, and Y. Lin, “Revisiting the Folding Cooperativity of Synthetic Polypeptides in Solution,” Biomacromolecules, 18, 2324-2332 (2017).
35. R. Baumgartner, H. Fu, Z. Song, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Cooperative Polymerization of α-Helices Induced by Macromolecular Architecture,” Nature Chemistry, 9, 614-622 (2017). [Cover Article]
34. P. Katyal, Y. Yang, O. Vinogradova, and Y. Lin, “Expression of Cellulolytic Enzyme as a Fusion Protein that Reacts Specifically with Polymeric Scaffold,” Methods in Enzymology, 590, 259-276 (2017).
33. F. Liu and Y. Lin, “Porous Polydivinylbenzene-based Solid Catalysts for Biomass Transformation Reactions,” in Nanoporous Catalysts for Biomass Conversion, edited by F. Xiao and L. Wang; Wiley (2017).
32. M. Zeng, Y. Wang, Q. Liu, X. Yuan, S. Zuo, R. Feng, J. Yang, B. Wang, C. Qi, and Y. Lin, “Encaging Palladium Nanoparticles in Chitosan Modified Montmorillonite for Efficient, Recyclable Catalysts,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8, 33157–33164 (2016).
31. R. K. Kamat, Y. Zhang, M. Anuganti, W. Ma, I. Noshadi, H. Fu, S. Ekatan, R. Parnas, C. Wang, C. V. Kumar, and Y. Lin, “Enzymatic Activities of Polycatalytic Complexes with Nonprocessive Cellulases Immobilized on the Surface of Magnetic Nanoparticles,” Langmuir, 32, 11573-11579 (2016).
30. C. M. Riccardi, D. Mistri, O. Hart, M. Anuganti, Y. Lin, R. M. Kasi, and C. V. Kumar, “Covalent Interlocking of Glucose Oxidase and Peroxidase in the Voids of Paper: Enzyme–Polymer Spider Webs,” Chemical Communications, 52, 2593-2596 (2016).
29. L. Shao, Y. Ren, Z. Wang, C. Qi and Y. Lin, “Developing Chitosan-based Composite Nanofibers for Supporting Metal Catalysts,” Polymer, 75, 168-177 (2015).
28. J. Zheng, Y. Li, Y. Sun, Y. Yang, Y. Ding, Y. Lin, and W. Yang, “A Generic Magnetic Microsphere Platform with ‘Clickable’ Ligands for Purification and Immobilization of Targeted Proteins,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7, 7241–7250 (2015).
27. R. Zhang, Z. Song, L. Yin, N. Zheng, H. Tang, H. Lu, N. P. Gabrielson, Y. Lin, K. Kim and J. Cheng, “Ionic-helical polypeptides toward nonviral gene delivery,” WIREs Nanomed Nanobiotechnol, 7, 98–110 (2015).
26. H. Lu, J. Wang, Z. Song, L. Yin, Y. Zhang, H. Tang, C. Tu, Y. Lin and J. Cheng, “Recent Advances in Amino Acid N-carboxyanhydrides and Synthetic Polypeptides: Chemistry, Self-assembly and Biological Applications,” Chemical Communications, 50, 139-155 (2014).
25. J. Wang, H. Xia, Y. Zhang, H. Lu, R. Kamat, A. V. Dobrynin, J. Cheng & Y. Lin, “Nucleation-Controlled Polymerization of Nanoparticles into Supramolecular Structures,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 135, 11417–11420 (2013). [Cover Article]
24. R. K. Kamat, W. Ma, Y. Yang, Y. Zhang, C. Wang, C. V. Kumar & Y. Lin, “Adsorption and Hydrolytic Activity of Polycatalytic Cellulase Nano-complex on Cellulose,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 5, 8486–8494 (2013).
23. F. Liu, R. K. Kamat, I. Noshadi, D. Peck, R. Parnas, C. Qi & Y. Lin, “Depolymerization of Crystalline Cellulose Catalyzed by Acidic Ionic Liquids Grafted on Sponge-Like Nanoporous Polymers,” Chemical Communications, 49, 8456-8458 (2013).
22. Y. Zhang, Q. Yin, H. Lu, H. Xia, Y. Lin & J. Cheng, “PEG-Polypeptide Dual Brush Block Copolymers: Synthesis and Application in Nanoparticle Surface PEGylation,” ACS Macro Letters, 2, 809-813 (2013).
21. Y. Zhang, Y. Yang, W. Ma, J. Guo, Y. Lin & C. Wang, “Uniform Magnetic Core/Shell Microspheres Functionalized with Ni2+-Iminodiacetic Acid for One Step Purification and Immoblization of His-Tagged Enzymes,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 5, 2626-33 (2013).
20. J. Wang, H. Lu, Y. Ren, Y. Zhang, M. Morton, J. Cheng & Y. Lin, “Interrupted helical structures of grafted-polypeptides in brush-like macromolecules,” Macromolecules, 44, 8699–8708 (2011).
19. J. Wang, H. Lu, R. Kamat, S. V. Pingali, V. S. Urban, J. Cheng & Y. Lin, “Supramolecular polymerization from polypeptide-grafted comb polymers,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 133, 12906-12909 (2011).
18. H. Lu, J. Wang, Y. Bai, J. W. Lang. S. Liu, Y. Lin & J. Cheng, “Ionic polypeptides with unusual helical stability,” Nature Communications, 2, 206, DOI: 10.1038/ncomms1209 (2011).
17. H. Lu, Y. Bai, J. Wang, N. P. Gabrielson, F. Wang, Y. Lin, and J. Cheng, “Ring-Opening Polymerization of γ-(4-Vinylbenzyl)-l-glutamate N-Carboxyanhydride for the Synthesis of Functional Polypeptides,” Macromolecules, 44, 6237-6240 (2011).
16. W. P. Hall, J. Modica, J. Anker, Y. Lin, M. Mrksich & R. P. Van Duyne, “A conformation- and ion-sensitive plasmonic biosensor,” Nano Letters, 11, 1098-1105 (2011).
15. B. Luo, S. Xu, A. Luo, W. L. Wang, S. L. Wang, J. Guo, Y. Lin, D. Y. Zhao & C. C. Wang, “Mesoporous Biocompatible and acid-degradable magnetic colloidal nanocrystal clusters with sustainable stability and high hydrophobic drug loading capacity,” ACS Nano, 5, 1428-1435 (2011).
14. Y. Zhang, H. Lu, Y. Lin & J. Cheng, “Water-Soluble Polypeptides with Elongated, Charged Side Chains Adopt Ultrastable Helical Conformations,” Macromolecules, 44, 6641–6644 (2011).
13. W. Ma, S. Xu, J. Li, J. Guo, Y. Lin & C. C. Wang, “Hydrophilic dual-responsive magnetite/PMAA core/shell microspheres with high magnetic susceptibility and pH sensitivity via distillation-precipitation polymerization,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 49, 2725-2733 (2011).
12. H. Lu, J. Wang, Y. Lin & J. Cheng, “One-pot synthesis of brush-like polymers via integrated ring-opening metathesis polymerization and polymerization of amino acids N-carboxyanhydrides,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 131, 13582-13593 (2009).
11. W. P. Hall, J. N. Anker, Y. Lin, J. Modica, M. Mrksich & R. P. Van Duyne, “A calcium-modulated plasmonic switch,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 130, 5836–5837 (2008).
10. Y. Lin, A. Böker, J. He, K. Sill, H. Xiang, C. Abetz, X. Li, J. Wang, T. Emrick, S. Long, Q. Wang, A. Balazs & T.P. Russell, “Self-directed assembly of nanoparticles/copolymer mixtures,” Nature, 434, 55-59 (2005).
9. Y. Lin, A. Böker, H. Skaff, D. Cookson, A.D. Dinsmore, T. Emrick & T.P. Russell, “Structure and dynamics of nanoparticle assembly at liquid-liquid interfaces,” Langmuir, 21, 191-194 (2005).
8. J.T. Russell, Y. Lin (co-first author), A. Böker, L. Su, P. Carl, H. Zettl, J. He, K. Sill, R. Tangirala, T. Emrick, K. Littrell, P. Thiyagarajan, D. Cookson, A. Fery, Q. Wang & T.P. Russell, “Self-assembly and cross-linking of bionanoparticles at liquid-liquid interfaces,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 44, 2420-2426 (2005). [Cover Article]
7. H. Skaff, Y. Lin, R. Tangirala, K. Breitenkamp, A. Böker, T.P. Russell & T. Emrick, “Crosslinked Capsules of Quantum Dots by Interfacial Assembly and Ligand Crosslinking,” Advanced Materials, 17, 2082-2086 (2005).
6. A. Böker, Y. Lin, K. Chiapperini, R. Horowitz, M. Thompson, V. Carreon, T. Xu, C. Abetz, H. Skaff, A.D. Dinsmore, T. Emrick & T.P. Russell, “Hierarchical nanoparticle assemblies formed by decorating breath figures,” Nature Materials, 3, 302-306 (2004).
5. H. Xiang, Y. Lin & T. P. Russell, “Electrically induced patterning in block copolymer films,” Macromolecules, 37, 5358-5363 (2004).
4. Y. Lin, H. Skaff, T. Emrick, A. D. Dinsmore & T. P. Russell, “Nanoparticle assembly and transport at liquid-liquid interfaces,” Science, 299, 226-229 (2003).
3. Y. Lin, H. Skaff, A. Böker, T. Emrick, A. D. Dinsmore & T. P. Russell, “Ultrathin crosslinked nanoparticle membranes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 125, 12690-12691 (2003).
2. L. Ding, F. E. Karasz, Y. Lin, Y. Pang & L. Liao “Photoluminescence and electroluminescence study of violet-blue and green emitting polymers and their blend,” Macromolecules, 36, 7301-7307 (2003).
1. A. Meyer, N. Jones, Y. Lin & D. Kranbuehl, “Characterizing and modeling the hydrolysis of polyamide-11 in a pH 7 water environment,” Macromolecules, 35, 2784-2798 (2002).